Parent's English

FIL = Father in law
MIL = Mother in law
Joanne = my colleague's name

*Sebastian crawling on the floor*

FIL, 'See! Joanne! Joanne!' *pointing to the floor*

*Sebastian stares at the floor*

FIL, 'Ah you see! Joanne! Joanne!'

Sebastian's mommy, 'What is this 'Joanne'?'

MIL, 'Neh, 'ANT' loh, ma yee ah (ant in mandarin)'

Sebastian's mommy LOL, 'Har? Ant = Joanne?'

MIL, 'The sound 'N' same mah.'

Sebastian's mommy, 'Oh...........'

FIL, 'Where is Joanne? Joanne?'

MIL, 'Joanne in mommy offit lar!'

Sebastian's mommy LOL, 'Ha!!!! Ha!!!! '


My FIL's English :
Internet ~ dog com dog my

My MIL's English :
Mid Velly ~ Mid Belly
Elmo ~ Eye Mo
Jaya Jusco ~ Ya Ya Just Go!
Tweety Bird ~ Cuci Bird
Rabbit ~ Rabbish! (ish!)

My Mother's English :
Sebastian ~ Si Mi Beh Dan?? (What cannot wait?- Hokkien)

My Father's English :
AVON ~ A1 (Ayam Brand)

Sometimes not only kids bring us fun, the elderly too!

Comments

Anonymous said…
ROTFLOL...oh my god...Si Mi Beh Dan hahaha...but hor your MIL speak english exactly like my mom leh, everytime we hear sure laugh till non-stop wan.
Loc Kee said…
hey.. we almost forgot u liao lo...... :<
5xmom.com said…
ROTFLMAO - Poor sebastian, become si mi beh tan. Hahaha.
domesticgoddess said…
ROTFLOL! really funny the way you write it!
shoppingmum said…
Hahaha! Very funny
hey, I miss u leh, why so long no blogs?
dear all, very busy recently, so no new blog coming up. Will update you all asap! Love ya!
Anonymous said…
no worry, I got feed reader, will know your update immediately ;).
1+2mom said…
ROFL!!So your mum will call your sebastian with si mi beh tan lor.
Babysmooches said…
hahaha! this is really hilarious!
I hope my parents and parents in law never read my blog :P
Along said…
So fuuny. Love the "Dog Com Dog My" quote.

My mom once tried to buy some perfume for herself, but she forgot the name of the perfume. She kept saying to the salesgilr, "ala, yg nama dia...internal? external?"

At last they figured it out. She wanted to buy CK's Eternity.

Haiya.
It is very funny.

My mum have the same trouble. We called Claudia pacifier dummy but my mum called it "thumbi" (our Indian friend).
So she always asked Claudia "Where is your thumbi??".

MIL is fine cause she is an Australian.

Popular posts from this blog

Do not promise if you not sure you can do it

EBM stock count